Northwest Primary Care
At Northwest Primary Care, we’re a team, passionate about humanizing healthcare. We’re inspired by the diverse stories, strength and resilience of our patients and the unique choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity to achieve their optimal health and we’re here to support that journey with personalized, culturally competent care and knowledge.
We have an opening for a full-time Mammography Technologist who will ensure high quality mammographic exams and compassionate, patient-focused procedures in a professional and highly skilled manner.
- Performs high quality digital Tomosynthesis mammography exams for interpretation.
- Performs diagnostic studies per radiologist recommendation.
- Ensures that all ARRT, ACR and MQSA standards are met using excellent positioning skills.
- Maintains and ensures proper continuing education is met, as required by ARRT, ACR and MQSA.
- Makes independent decisions regarding quality mammographic images.
- Provides protection for patient and self in accordance with prescribed safety standards that include consistent and established policy on reject / repeat measurements and follows the state’s regulatory Radiation Protection Laws.
- Makes conscious effort provide quality mammography with compassion and the least amount of discomfort as possible.
- Reports all incidents involving patients and employees on proper incident report forms.
- Employs sterile techniques as required for invasive procedures.
- Maintains supplies in work area.
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices, including maintaining a clean, well-ordered work area.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Current license with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging required.
- Registered and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
- Advanced certificate in mammography required.
- Current CPR or BLS certification required.
- Specialized mammography training required.
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology as required by the AART accreditation board.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to mammography and bone densitometry including radiation protection, equipment functions, body mechanics and patient protections.
- Skill in proper patient positioning and stabilization.
- Maintains effective working relationships with patients, radiologists, medical staff, and the public
Salary to commensurate with education, training and experience
With the onset of the COVID-19 epidemic in Oregon, Northwest Primary Care wants to protect our patients and staff from exposure to the virus. We are following all public health guidelines including mandatory proof of vaccination or completed medical or religious exemption.
Submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Northwest Primary Care, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org