At Northwest Primary Care, we’re a team, passionate about humanizing healthcare. We’re inspired by the diverse stories, strength and resilience of our patients and the unique choices they make in pursuing health for themselves and their families. We envision a world where every person has the opportunity to achieve their optimal health and we’re here to support that journey with personalized, culturally competent care and knowledge.
We are hiring a full-time Mammography Technologist to ensure delivery of high-quality mammographic exams for patients at Northwest Primary Care. This position will partner with our clinical staff to ensure compassionate, patient-focused procedures in a professional and highly skilled manner.
Mammography Technologist duties to include:
- Performs high quality digital Tomosynthesis mammography exams for interpretation
- Performs diagnostic studies per radiologist recommendation
- Use excellent positioning skills to ensure that all ARRT, ACR, and MQSA standards are met
- Maintain continuing education requirements from ARRT, ACR, and MQSA
- Makes independent decisions regarding quality mammographic images
- Provides protection for patient and self in accordance with prescribed safety standards that include consistent and established policy on reject / repeat measurements and follows the state’s regulatory Radiation Protection Laws
- Makes conscious effort provide quality mammography with compassion and the least amount of discomfort as possible
- Reports all incidents involving patients and employees on proper incident report forms
- Employs sterile techniques as required for invasive procedures
- Maintains supplies in work area
- Takes responsibility for and demonstrates safe work practices, including maintaining a clean, well-ordered work area
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
Required qualifications for this position:
- Current license with the Oregon Board of Medical Imaging
- Registered and in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Advanced certificate in mammography and specialized training in mammography
- Current CPR or BLS certification
- Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology as required by the AART accreditation board
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to mammography and bone densitometry including radiation protection, equipment functions, body mechanics and patient protections
- Skill in proper patient positioning and stabilization
- Maintains effective working relationships with patients, radiologists, medical staff, and the public
Salary to commensurate with education, training and experience
With the onset of the COVID-19 epidemic in Oregon, Northwest Primary Care wants to protect our patients and staff from exposure to the virus. We are following all public health guidelines including mandatory proof of vaccination or completed medical or religious exemption.
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northwest Primary Care, P.C. is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com